Tuesday 23 September 2014

I Was A Chiquito Virgin

Lucky for us there's a smorgasbord of places to eat at across the road from the hotel. We wandered over aiming for Frankie & Bennys'  but waivered and wandered into Chiquitos' instead.
 
I'm really not into 'exotic' cuisine and have never been here before.
I was not disappointed. 
yay...booze on the way
 Our server, Jade, was really helpful and a joy to talk to. A jug of Long Island Iced Tea was ordered...slurrrp!
 

I didn't stray into unknown territory and stuck to steak! Mr B had a burger with 'fajita' (?) vegetables. We stuffed ourselves with desserts too; a banana wrap-py thing and I had churros. OMG - I had a churro years ago when we were at Southsea Show or the like and loved it. Never seen them since! Which, is probably a good thing! I mean...how many calories???
 
They played fab music too. There was Gloria Estafan and the like but also some real 'old style' salsa music.
I did take classes some years back; how I didn't (a) get up and dance or (b) get massive indigestion I really don't know.
 Just a really lovely way to spend Mr Bs' night off on Saturday.
Zxx

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Mr B's bringing some home tonight!
      Late night eating...not good, but'll taste great!
      Zxx

      Delete
  2. I've never been there either but we've just had a new one alongside a new F+B's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, give it a try, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!
    Zxx

    ReplyDelete