Monday, 14 September 2015

Sloan Ranger

 
aka" Zoe Get Your Paintbrush"

I was an Annie Sloan virgin
 
The item in my sightline. A bargainous KS bedframe from Tesco's from a few years ago. Matt black and shiny dirty gold. A double whammy for ASCP to work its' wonders on!
 
the outdoor painting studio
 First coat in progress. No need to prime, just a wipe with a damp cloth and a rub down with a
lint-free cloth.
 
 
Second coat going on.
I tipped some paint from the tin into an old cup so that I could water it down a little.
Three thin coats are better than 2 thick ones. I will water down the 3rd layer even more. I did get the wax to finish it, but am now thinking of glazing it so that there is a sheen and so the wax won't rub onto the bedding.
My colour choice, Paloma
We did a 2-bus trip to My Little Vintage in Earls Barton to get the paint . They are the only stockist of ASCP in Northamptonshire and also run classes there and at their store in Olney.
 
I am really chuffed with how it is looking and now see why people rave about Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. It has been a joy to use and, a good thing for those of you like me with asthma, no ghastly paint fumes.
 
As I tend to buy paint in Wilko's, 18 quid for a large tin did make me go 'eek' a bit, but it goes a long way and I am now eyeing up what to paint next!
Don't stand still next to me for too long...it could be you!
Zxx


5 comments:

  1. Oh wow, it makes such a difference! I primed a writing desk I was given when I moved in, about five years ago. I really need to finish that !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you Don't stand so close to me bit of Adam Ant there im thinking :-) I am loving the colour you chose its looking fabulous well done lovely. Happy painting, dee xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it looks good!!! You're doing a great job of it!! I still don't understand exactly what chalk paint is and why it is so desirable? Please help me understand!!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great and you look very cute hard at work.
    Don't Wilkos make chalk paint? I thought I'd seen it mentioned somewhere. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, I am missing you, so you need to blog :-)
    What do you think of DW so far!?!? x

    ReplyDelete