Saturday, 10 October 2015

Bed Hopping

Seems to be that I am so busy, (not doing much), that my poor old blog has been pushed to
 the side-lines.
Oops!
 
 
So, as my last post was about my bedstead painting, it seemed only fitting to tell you about somewhere we have wanted to visit for a good while now.

sorry, Mr B can only take photos with me in them!!
We found this amazing verdigris Moroccan bedframe, amongst the most wonderful collection of all things salvaged.
 
 
We've seen Insitu from the tram and taxi to and from Manchester City Centre to Salford Quays, but never quite got there. To be fair, our last trip to Salford wasn't quite as we'd hoped, what with Mr B being really ill, with what turned out to be labyrinthitis and me having a visit at the hotel, from two paramedics(!). 
With most of Friday free from the ballet, we made the short trip and, boy, it was brilliant!
 
 
 Just fabulous! 

 
And for the en suite bathroom...lush!
  
If you ever get a chance to visit, do, you really won't be disappointed!
More photos to follow...

8 comments:

  1. Oh man, that bed! You could have a go at that paint finish on your pink bed! Not loving the coloured bathroom suites quite so much...xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the garden chair that's pink, the bed's Paloma!!! But, yes, as I haven't got to actually doing the sealing coat (glaze rather than wax), it did cross my mind to do that. But now I'm thinking I could do it pink! OMG...too many choices!
      I did fall quite heavily in love with the green wash basin, it was such a pretty colour. Nothing like the avocado suite that my dad installed in Brent Cottage!
      Zxx

      Delete
  2. That bed is Amazing!!! I LIKE coloured baths!!! We had avocado coloured bathroom when I was a kid. As a 3 year-old, I was obsessed with toilets (???!!) And insisted my Mum make me a toilet cake. Thus our 3piece avocado suite wA forever immortalized in cake form and in my.memory!!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my lovely! Thank you for sticking with me! Please tell me there was a photo of the 'toilet cake'! That sounds so amazing! I am so impressed with your mums' cake baking skills.
      I did like our bathroom that my dad did; avocado suite and cork floor tiles and avocado tiling. It was lovely. Wish we had taken photos of that and my bedroom...wild Vymura wallpaper and Sanderson curtains...it was so lush!
      Zxx

      Delete
  3. I love a salvage yard and can spend hours on eBay looking at old taps, doors and fireplaces. That looks ace and hope A's better now. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is sheer joy at looking at old stuff, isn't there?
      Arthur is fine now, thanks. We were ill the last visit...he was actually signed off work for FIVE weeks with that ear thing. Horrible, wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!
      Zxx

      Delete
    2. For some reason I cant comment on your blog so had to attached it here. Wow what an amazing place I love that bed :-) dee xx

      Delete
    3. That was really odd about not being able to comment. No idea why.
      Yep, 3 floors of amazing!!
      Zxx

      Delete