Wednesday, 25 November 2015

What-On-Earth-Is-It? Wednesday

This has been kicking around in my kitchen since last Christmas.
Can you guess what it is?

 
Just so you know, it's not meant to look like this!

 
It should look like this...
source
My poor little steamer that I use every year to cook my Christmas pudding. Except that last year we left it a bit too long, the water got very, very low and the plastic bowl, that the pudding came in, melted and then wedged itself through the holes as it cooled!
Oops!
source
I have another one in the cupboard, like the one above, but it has a 'pole' in the middle, so it won't work for puddings.
 
And there it has sat, a sad little thing on top of my stove, collecting dust. Until today; I need to get it back to its' sparkling self ready for Christmas dinner. Most of the plastic has come off, but I need to wait until tomorrow, when I am not so tired and I can see what I am doing in daylight.
 
Just for the record, I guess these could be termed 'vintage kitchenalia', as I have had them for donkeys years and they were both secondhand when I got them.
 
Good design never goes out of style, even with kitchen tools!
Zxx

No comments:

Post a Comment