Tuesday, 5 January 2016

White Rabbits, White Rabbits, White Rabbits

This was how the start of any month began...saying White Rabbits three times before you said anything else. Also, saying 'Hares, Hares Hares' as the last thing the night before.
I have written before about this and have no idea why we do this.
 
 
But this January was a little different...
 
 
...we seem to have been adopted by a giant white bunny!


We thought it belonged to our neighbours. No. The neighbour the other side had 2 rabbits during the summer; one she kept, until it was old enough to leave, for the family down the road and the other one she gave to her next door neighbour. But they were both white and smooth-haired. This one has brindle patches and a really cute furry 'ruff'.
He has a burrow under our swing chair and has eaten my primroses and rose bush leaves. He likes to be fed a lettuce leaf but doesn't like carrots. He is very fond of my leek leaves too!
And s/he is big, a right solid old bunny.
 
Rene is really not sure...

Can you spot the rabbit?
 

8 comments:

  1. I am so envious! I want a bunny, really want a bunny!!!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd offer you this one, but I don't know who s/he belongs too! But he is cute! I rather fancy a couple of chickens. Our original neighbour had 2 and they were lovely. Once they got to know me, as soon as I opened the back door they would 'chat' to me. Do miss dem chooks!
      Zxx

      Delete
    2. I cant seem to add a comment so doing it here instead :-) Gorgeous rabbit wonder who he belongs to. Your have to build a little hutch if you decide to keep him make him nice and warm and snug :-) dee xx

      Delete
    3. No, I won't keep him, but he can visit from wherever he really lives.
      Zxx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Cute, yes. Keeping him, no! But don't mind him popping up from wherever he lives/the rabbit hole whenever he likes.
      Zxx

      Delete
  3. Is it from Alice in Wanderland? Looks like so :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That rabbit never seems late for anything!!
      Zxx

      Delete