Thursday, 1 December 2016

BEDD - December 1st

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me

a partridge in a pear tree.

This large picture is 50 years old! My dad made it for me to go above the fireplace in my bedroom when I was 6 years old.

It was more a chimney breast with an electric heater as opposed to an open fire, just in case any one is thinking H&S!  We did have open fires in the sitting room and dining room, so I became quite adept at building fires and raking out the ashes and bringing in the coal at a young age.
My mother hated all the work they involved, but I guess it was her left to do all the hard graft...my dad went off to work in London daily and I went to school.
It could be a hard life being a housewife in the 60s.

My picture comes out every year and sadly is showing signs of fading and the gold tape around the edges is long gone!

But is still a very important part of my Christmas traditions.
Zxx

No comments:

Post a Comment