Sunday, 4 December 2016

BEDD - December 4th

 My second Christmas cake for 2016.


A new recipe for me, from Eric Lanlard on Food Network.

A chocolate and orange cake with whole roasted hazelnuts, whole cherries, (my fave), and orange liqueur.

I have made 'my' version....more cherries, less walnuts and Southern Comfort instead of the liqueur. I checked out some 'booze' options and didn't fancy spending 12 quid plus on something that would hang around, even if we make cocktails all over Christmas, so I've risked it.

picture from Food Network
It's been in the oven for an hour and a half and is smelling gorgeous!
The picture above is from the website and shows how the finished cake should look.

Not sure if I'll decorate it like this, but it'll be a nice alternative to our regular cake, which I may actually cover in ready made marzipan and icing.
I am not a marzipan fan, so we shall see!
Zxx



3 comments:

  1. Phwoar, that mix looks goooooooooooooooooooooooood!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fab! Fast running out of time here...so may have to visit M&S this year for a cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete