Saturday 1 June 2024

The Annual Catch-up: part one (of possibly many!!)

 So, another birthday has gone by in a flash. As has quite a lot of the past year!!

another year, another cake

Most exciting news? Well, after a regular trip to the docs for blood tests, (all OK thank goodness!), we went for our lunch at Poppyfields.

long hair, don't care but do love that lavender at Poppyfields

 But after THAT, we took the bus, yes, BUS, one stop to the big Sainsburys. Well, only Sainsburys now. I haven't been on a bus since before COVID.  It was quiet, I thought we might've mis-timed it and caught all the hooligans, (sorry, schoolkids), going home, so that made it much easier!!

Once upon a time, I'd have walked from the surgery to the supermaket, done the meander around the aisles, had a bit to eat and got a taxi home with all the grocery shopping. Now I am just revelling in the fact I could walk to the pub without panicking or tripping myself up with my 'drunken walk'. It's a nervous thing I think...I swear I must look like I've slurped several pints and am worst for wear!!

The panicking is still an issue. But gradually I am improving.

Thank heavens for the Volunteer Car Service. That's all I can say.

Halfway through last year I needed to make several hospital visits and they took me. It was a private hospital, set in the grounds of a big Mental Health facility. It was a struggle, believe me, but eventually, on the third or so visit, we staggered through the stunning grounds to a little cafe. It was heavenly. 

 
Even when they threw an MRI at me, (stuck in a tube that only left me room to breathe), I managed. Upshot of the visits? Well, I am trying to cope without them Botoxing me in my 'lady parts'!! What does bother me is, why, the fibroid I have, that rests just by my bladder, has grown, when at the time it was found, (several years ago), I was told "at my age" it would shrink in size. No one seems that 'bovvered' and to be honest, who wants major surgery to remove it? So, I'll live with it for now.

Another brilliant thing to have 'achieved', is that, again, for the first time since before COVID, I got to visit my hairdressers. Bliss. I have never had such long hair. Whereas I did love it, I was not up to the care it needed. Bathing has become an issue, even just standing for any length of time, to have a shower, is painful and scary. So shorter hair is easier to wash in the handbasin if necessary. Investment in a sturdy 'bath seat' has been a good, if at times, demoralising purchase.


Mr B celebrating Valentines' Day. Always there to support me. Whatever.

Exercise and diet are needing much improvement. My diet is not awful, but with no walking, all food is too much food!! I don't drink caffeinated coffee anymore. Very few fizzy drinks, and preferrably no orange or citrus drinks. Same with food, citrus is out along with spicy food. I am Missy Bland!!

Grumble just sleeps through eveything

More crafty/garden goodness to follow!

Zxx

2 comments:

  1. Happy belated Birthday, Z! Great to see you, A and Grumble in Blogland after so long. I loved your long hair but it looks fabulously bouncy now you'd had a cut! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya! Thanks for popping by and commenting. Yes, I did like my long hair too! Never had it that long before, but I really couldn't cope with it and a lot seemed to be coming out!!😯😯. So it really was the right thing to do! I still can't really cope with it, but it's not such a bother now! Dear old Grumble...he is a gem! Zxx ♥️♥️

      Delete