Monday 18 June 2012

Daddy

My dad, on holiday with his family. At a guess, I'd say this was about 1930.

My paternal grandfather. I don't remember him as he passed away when I was 2 years old.

But the weird thing is, that he used to smoke a particular brand of baccy, Briar Rose, I think it was called. Now, I don't know if you can still buy this, but there have been several occasions during my life that I have smelled this...in the underpass near the V & A, in St James Park, (Mr B could smell it too), various places that I have lived. But the really weird thing is, there is no-one around smoking, it just wafts around me! I find it very quite comforting.

This is my dad, his brother and their parents on holiday; probably at Littlehampton.

Bit of a dapper dresser, ever at this age. He never grew out of that, always a smart dressed man, even when he started with Alzheimer's, he would go to the barbers each week while my mum did the grocery shopping.

So, a little late, but Happy Fathers Day, dad. Miss you terribly. Big hugs.
Z xx

2 comments:

  1. What a smart man! I love to see those old photos of people strolling along the prom or in similar seaside locations, don't you? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a dapper chap he was! x

    ReplyDelete