Saturday 23 November 2013

Today I...

 
Today I was going to go to the Fair and my local butchers' and greengrocers'.
But I didn't.

 
Instead, I made our Christmas cake, which is cooking away as I type.
 
 
 
I wore my new Christmas Cats apron. I do believe that Santa has found a matching mug and coaster set; guess I know what I'll be drinking my festive hot drinks in!!!

 
Having popped the cake in the oven and done a mountain of washing up I had a sit down with a coffee and a couple of slices of this Weetabix cake, which I bought from the Village Fair last Saturday.
I was a tad unsure, I mean, Weetabix cake? But so pleased I took the plunge...it is totally yummy. A dense, filled with fruit tea loaf with no hint of the breakfast cereal.
I've been have a slice as my 'breakfast' each morning. A pretty good way to start the day!
 
Right, I'm off to have a gawp at my cake.
Have a great weekend!
Z xx

No comments:

Post a Comment