Thursday 7 August 2014

A Grin Without A Cat

 Oh, hurrah!
still smiling
Managed to bite down so hard on my bite guard on Saturday night that I broke a piece off it! Which then entailed another visit to the dentist.
The original one was made by the Max-Fac dept at the hospital; but having phoned them they said to contact my own dentist.
I have no idea what flavour the crisps were...other than disgusting!

 It was so much more fun going with Mr B.


 Lunch at the Park Café.
He had plum tomato and basil soup...in a warm French bread roll and I had a Coronation chicken sarnie. Yummy!

 
 
Mr B photographed this little beauty.
 

She was buzzing around the pond where we see the 2 cats.
Only one this time...Marmite went into a rescue place as she was pregnant; after 24 hours labour she had 6 kittens, which sadly all died.
(Yes, I cried!).
 'Cat' as he seems to be called, (who's not the father, as he's been 'done'), was rehomed to a house a couple of roads away; then escaped and made his way back to the park!! But there is someone lined up to take him when the office closes in September, who comes in at 7am every morning to feed him a sachet, just to build up some rapport, so hopefully that'll work out fine. And I am so pleased to report that his mange has practically cleared up and his legs are much better too. Didn't get a photo yesterday, as he got all comfy on my lap and then he shot off when he heard the office door being unlocked, which equalled FOOD!

'Cat' on the left, Marmite on my lap

I do love a dental visit

And we get the chance to go back again next week to collect my new guard.
Oh, hurrah!
 (yippee)
Zxx
 


11 comments:

  1. Aren't cats funny? Give them a nice home and they just want to hang out in the park. Like teenagers.
    Sorry about the kittens. I'd have cried too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! All the fun things we have bought our two to lie on or curl up in and Renes' favourite is the flattened cardboard box that's not quite made it into the recycling!
      Zxx

      Delete
  2. Ahrgh,much sympathy re the mouth guard! I found it so hard to cope with mine- I retched the whole time and had to keep sucking on it stop the feeling-gross!
    Awww, the cats are so cute!Mmmm, I'm all over the soup and sarnie (and the crisps, even if they are gross!)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hate my guard with a vengeance! I am just like you; I think it's just knowing that I have some alien 'thing' in my mouth! Going to collect my new one today...park lunch and cat loving, hurrah!
      No, those crisps were REALLY vile!
      Zxx

      Delete
  3. Those cats are gorgeous. Sad about the kittens, though. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, as much as I love Cat, I will really miss seeing Marmite and having a cuddle!
      Zxx

      Delete
  4. Sad about the kittens. Will Marmite be speyed now?
    Sorry also about your dental guard must be very frustrating!
    Finding it hard to concentrate on reading and writing with these cupcakes floating about lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea what has been done to Marmite, but don't rehoming places do whatever needs to be done before letting them go? I hope so!
      When we gave Tabby a home from a nearby neighbour, she hadn't been done and was pregnant, (which we didn't know) and she just had one kitty, Rene, on the front room floor, while I was on the phone, (to someone called 'Renny'!), a month later.
      Is the lack of concentration because you like cupcakes or just because they are a nuisance?
      Zxx

      Delete
  5. Ohhh, poor kittens. Cat and Marmite are handsome creatures. Boo to dentists and hurray for lunch in the park! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so very cruel about the kittehs and poor Marmite having had to go through that too.
      They are such lovely dispositions...love 'em.
      Picking up new bite guard today, so more cat loving and park lunch/tea. Hurrah!
      Zxx

      Delete
  6. Sad about the kittens, reminds me of the stray pregnant cat we rescued :(

    ReplyDelete