Monday 5 May 2014

#BEDM "Cinco de Mayo - Let's be Mexican"

Having been a milliner in days gone by, the first thought that crosses my mind is
'Mexicans dance on their hats'.
Not particularly helpful, and no doubt there will be someone out there shouting 'that's not PC!' But that's what people of my generation grew up with and the song is really funny.



OPI nail varnish set from TK Maxx...that's a bit more like it. (Though this was actually a set for The Day of the Dead/Halloween). Came with a whole load of stickers to put on your nails too.
 

Photo Credit: chicagocincodemayo.com
I am so loving this picture that I found via Google. It's for Chicagos' largest Cinco de Mayo celebrations in the Pilsen neighbourhood.
Some of my favourite things...arty skulls, roses and even a cowboy hat thrown in for good measure. Never had a tattoo, but this sure could be a contender if I was ever up for one!
 
source
Nice hats!


Vintage tomato ketchup dispenser. Well, don't all Mexican dishes have tomato in? Home grown fruit from my lully neighbour.
 
recipe here
 This salsa picture popped up on my fb page as I follow Nadia G (Bitchin' Kitchen).
 
As she wrote...
Don't show up with store-bought salsa this Cinco de Mayo, show up with G's fresh homemade salsa for that unique Italian-Mexican fusion! And Tequila. Everyone likes Tequila."

 You can't disagree with that, can you?
 
 This showed up as well, and, well, looks totally delish!
 
Pomegranate Tequila Guacamole recipe
So, paint your nails, add your stickers then sip a drink and eat your salsa while they are drying.
Oh, and watch the video.
Laughed?? I nearly peed my pants!!
 

 
Happy 'Cinco de Mayo' Day!
Zxx

No comments:

Post a Comment