Thursday 24 November 2011

Two Ladies And A Boozy Bear

I spent a delightful couple of hours chin-wagging, (and supping!) with Vix yesterday.

I had an appointment with Andrew the Osteopath, so a little 'Dutch courage' at the German Market seemed like an excellent idea!

How cute is that polar bear? Vix too! Wearing her beautiful fake fur and a hat that I passed onto her from my mum's collection. Have to admit...that hat looks a whole lot more fetching on Vix than it ever did on my mum!
And check out the cute little 'booties' that our Gluhwein came in! It was a hope in vain that they would be offered to us to take home!

The stall is part of a Frankfurt Christmas Market that visits Birmingham every year, I think, and is the largest outside Germany, Vix told me. It was very picturesque, particularly later on in the day, when it was dark and the lights twinkled in all their luminous glory.

So, having managed to not roll off the osteopathic table(!), I woke this morning bright eyed and bushy-tailed and actually baked my Christmas cake. It was 'Stir Up Sunday' last Sunday, but needing a good 4 hours to bake, I just haven't been able to get it done without it possibly encroaching on 'dinner-cooking' time. But now home smells Christmassy. No German sausage in sight - or smell, Vix!

Brilliant to see you again, Vix, do it again soon!
Z xx

5 comments:

  1. I am so jealous that you got to meet Vix, and vice versa! The mulled wine in booties looks amazing, I must start trawling ebay for my own ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always a joy to spend time with you, Zoe. It feels like I've known you for years!
    I shall try and sweet talk that guy into giving me a little boot as no doubt I'll be there again soon.
    Well done with getting that Xmas cake stirred up.
    Have a smashing weekend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. mulled wine pre-osteopath- sounds just like my kinda day!
    Actually, mine is probably mulled wine and then more mulled wine INSTEAD of the osteopath!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. aahhh looks like a lovely day with spent with great company ;-) Vix's hat looks gorgeous and so do you. Have a lovely week, dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. you so so lucky person. meeting Vix.
    I would love to meet Vix. She is so full of life and art.

    Your blog is amazing, too. Am following you.
    hope you can follow back if you like my blog.it will remind me to comment more often.
    www.personalautographs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete