Wednesday 8 May 2013

BEDM - Day 8, First Job

If I remember rightly, my first job was as a Saturday Girl at the village bakers.
Except I started on a Friday, because one of the 2 women that worked there was ill.
 
The next day WAS Saturday and I was running the shop on my own as the other lady went sick too. (Though the baker and his wife were working out the back, baking things!)
 
It was the first Saturday of 'Sussex Fortnight' and was extremely busy with a queue snaking along Bankside as I tried to keep up!
 
I ended up working every day that summer holiday!
 
recipe here
The lasting 'thing' from that job is the fact that I can impress Mr B with my knowledge of cake names, especially Coconut Madeleines!
 
Z xx

1 comment:

  1. I love the thought of this, I bet you had full command of that shop in no time at all!

    ReplyDelete